These friendly faces will elicit smiles from friends and family. You can use homemade or purchased sugar cookies in this recipe. —Pattie Ann Forssberg, Logan, Kansas
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Red and yellow food coloring
- 48 round sugar cookies
- 72 raisins
- Red and green decorating icing
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Tint orange with red and yellow food coloring. Frost the tops of 24 sugar cookies. Make pumpkin faces, using raisins for eyes and nose. Add a smile with red icing and stem with green icing. Let dry completely.
- Spoon ice cream onto bottom of plain cookies; top with frosted cookies. Place in individual plastic bags; seal. Freeze until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin-Face Ice Cream Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p242
Reviews for Pumpkin-Face Ice Cream Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review