- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a small saucepan, heat the eggnog, butter and pumpkin to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and 1/2 cup flour; beat 3 minutes longer. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down.
- Roll into an 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Brush with melted butter.
- Combine the sugar, cardamom and allspice. Sprinkle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Cut into 1-1/2-in. slices.
- Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, eggnog, pumpkin and cardamom until blended. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Spread over warm rolls. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin Eggnog Rolls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p37
Reviews for Pumpkin Eggnog Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review