I needed to use up some eggnog, so I swapped it for milk in my sweet roll recipe. Even those who usually don’t care for eggnog go back for seconds of these yummy frosted treats. —Rebecca Soske, Douglas, Wyoming
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, salt and 2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat eggnog, butter and pumpkin to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add eggs; beat on high 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, cardamom and allspice. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Brush with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan, cut side down. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake rolls 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, eggnog, pumpkin and cardamom until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Spread over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin Eggnog Rolls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p37
Reviews for Pumpkin Eggnog Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review