Pumpkin Eggnog Rolls Recipe
I needed to use up some eggnog, so I swapped it for milk in my sweet roll recipe. Even those who usually don’t care for eggnog go back for seconds of these yummy frosted treats. —Rebecca Soske, Douglas, Wyoming
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. + rising Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 tablespoon canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, mix sugar, yeast, salt and 2 cups flour. In a small saucepan, heat eggnog, butter and pumpkin to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Add eggs; beat on high 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a firm dough.
- 2. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix sugar, cardamom and allspice. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into an 18x12-in. rectangle. Brush with butter to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with sugar mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices.
- 4. Place rolls in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan, cut side down. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake rolls 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, eggnog, pumpkin and cardamom until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Spread over warm rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 roll equals 472 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC