Pumpkin Drop Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- CINNAMON FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs and milk. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 11 dozen.
1 each: 63 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Drop Cookies
"These were so good! I used rice flour instead. Turned out great."
"These are my favorite fall holiday cookies! I make them every year. My son requested them for his birthday "cake". It makes a large batch so I freeze some of the cookies before the are frosted to save for later. If you want to use them all at once make 1-1/2 batch of frosting."
"I've made hundreds of these little gems for family, friends, camping trips, fundraisers... you name it. They are amazing! The perfect fall treat. I use unsalted butter in place of the shortening."
"These are so yummy! The frosting is the best part."
"These are my go-to pumpkin cookies. They are always a hit and I always get asked for the recipe."
"I must have done something wrong (maybe too much flour?) because these came out with the taste and texture of cinnamon pancakes. Not bad, but not at all what I expected."
"These were a huge hit. I'm usually a chocolate - only person, but even I can't stop eating these."
"I love these! My family loves these! They always get raves wherever I take them!"