Pumpkin Drop Cookies Recipe
With just a hint of pumpkin flavor and a buttery cinnamon frosting, these cakelike drop cookies are sure to be a hit at a fall gathering. Denise Smith, a field editor from Lusk, Wyoming, shared the big-batch recipe.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:132 servings
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- CINNAMON FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs and milk. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 11 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 63 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC