With just a hint of pumpkin flavor and a buttery cinnamon frosting, these cakelike drop cookies are sure to be a hit at a fall gathering. Denise Smith, a field editor from Lusk, Wyoming, shared the big-batch recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- CINNAMON FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs and milk. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 11 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin Drop Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p4
Reviews for Pumpkin Drop Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review