- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- CINNAMON FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs and milk. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 11 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Drop Cookies
Sort By :
"Still my husband's favorite fall cookie! The aroma in my kitchen is heavenly. Super easy recipe with awesome, flavorful outcome...thanks for sharing!"
"I've made hundreds of these little gems for family, friends, camping trips, fundraisers... you name it. They are amazing! The perfect fall treat. I use unsalted butter in place of the shortening."
"These are so yummy! The frosting is the best part."
"These are my go-to pumpkin cookies. They are always a hit and I always get asked for the recipe."
"I must have done something wrong (maybe too much flour?) because these came out with the taste and texture of cinnamon pancakes. Not bad, but not at all what I expected."