Pumpkin Drop Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- CINNAMON FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs and milk. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cookies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 11 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Drop Cookies(6)
Sort By :
These are so yummy! The frosting is the best part.
These are my go-to pumpkin cookies. They are always a hit and I always get asked for the recipe.
I must have done something wrong (maybe too much flour?) because these came out with the taste and texture of cinnamon pancakes. Not bad, but not at all what I expected.
My daughter and I have made this recipe several times now. These cookies are always a hit. We add chocolate chips to them and leave the frosting off; although, I have used the frosting on gingerbread cake with great success.
These were a huge hit. I'm usually a chocolate - only person, but even I can't stop eating these.