Pumpkin Doughnut Drops Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and shortening. Add the pumpkin, vinegar and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to the pumpkin mixture alternately with soda.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop teaspoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; roll in sugar while warm. Yield: about 7 dozen.
2 each: 74 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Doughnut Drops
"I was looking for pumpkin recipes and came across this gem!! Wow are these wonderful! We added a bit of cinnamon to the sugar befor rolling them in if!!"
"OMG!! Took this recipe to school to share. Everyone Loved it. Will make this again and again. Pat"
"I thought the lemon-lime soda was an unusal ingredient for doughnuts & had leftover pumpkin so I gave these a try. We all liked them. They are light. The doughnut drops are good without sugar."