- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soda
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Additional sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and shortening. Add the pumpkin, vinegar and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; add to the pumpkin mixture alternately with soda.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop teaspoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels; roll in sugar while warm. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Doughnut Drops
Sort By :
"OMG!! Took this recipe to school to share. Everyone Loved it. Will make this again and again. Pat"
"I thought the lemon-lime soda was an unusal ingredient for doughnuts & had leftover pumpkin so I gave these a try. We all liked them. They are light. The doughnut drops are good without sugar."