Pumpkin Dinner Rolls Recipe
For a delicious roll at your Thanksgiving dinner table, try this roll. It is a very easy yeast roll recipe and are on the table in no time.—Connie Thomas, Jensen, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. YIELD:36 servings
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the pumpkin, butter, sugar, eggs, salt and whole wheat flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough all-purpose flour to make a soft dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into three portions. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide end and place pointed side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form crescents.
- 3. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
One roll equals 134 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC