Pumpkin Dessert Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Set aside 2/3 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine the pumpkin pie filling, milk and eggs; pour over crust.
- For topping, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over pumpkin layer.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Dessert
Sort By :
This is the BEST mistake I ever made! I mistakenly purchased 'pumpkin pie filling' instead of pumpkin puree. I made this dessert so as not to waste the purchase. I'm glad I did! It was a hit. They make a great dessert topped with whipped cream but can also be cut nicely into squares and served on a cookie platter or at a bunch. This recipe works equally well with yellow, butter or spice cake mix. Using a carrot cake mix added extra color diversity because of he little specs of carrots in the mix, looked very fall like. I will be making this "mistake" for many years to come!!
This was really easy to make. I took this to a bake sale fundraiser at work and it was a big hit - whole pan went for $75. Now they're asking for the recipe.
let it cool just a bit and then eat it warm with some whipped cream!
I love this recipe, I make this recipe for my God Son's Boy scotts bake sale and they sold like crazy. Now my family is asking me to make them every year. Thank you so much.
i'm pretty much a fan of ANYTHING pumpkin, but this one was gone in seconds! Not even a square for me 2 take home =(