Pumpkin Dessert Recipe
"When we bake these layered squares, our kitchen smells wonderful," writes Ruth Chiarenzsa from her home in La Vale, Maryland. "They are favorites during the fall season, and they make a great finish to any meal. As a matter of fact, they never last for very long in our house!"
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, butter and egg until crumbly. Set aside 2/3 cup for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. For filling, in a large bowl, combine the pumpkin pie filling, milk and eggs; pour over crust.
- 3. For topping, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon and reserved crumb mixture; sprinkle over pumpkin layer.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 319 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC