Pumpkin Date Nut Bread Recipe
We think this a moist and yummy bread. It is full of nuts and is topped with a pretty caramel-colored glaze. The flavors remind me of autumn.—Wendy Rusch, New Richmond, Wisconsin
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) pitted dates, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- CARAMEL GLAZE:
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil, water and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in dates and pecans.
- 2. Transfer to two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- 3. For glaze, in a small heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, sugar, butter and cream. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 4. Increase heat to medium. Do not stir. Cook for 3-6 minutes or until bubbles form in center and syrup turns amber brown. Remove from the heat; transfer to a small bowl. Cool to room temperature. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Drizzle over loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 slice equals 296 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Date Nut Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC