Pumpkin Custard Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Whipped cream and ground cinnamon, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat until smooth. Pour into four greased 10-oz. custard cups.
- 2. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; pour hot water around cups to a depth of 1 in. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 3. For topping, combine the brown sugar, pecans and butter. Sprinkle over custard. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled; top with whipped cream and cinnamon if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 422 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 410mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Custard
"I don't have custard cups but have 4 oz ramekins, could I use these instead?"
"Super easy and really good. Great for gluten free diets. I used low fat buttermilk and it gave it a nice tangy flavor. The topping is yummy but not necessary. I had to make a second batch, it was so good. I agree...whipped cream really tops it off."
"My teen boys fought over the last one. They both made a suggestion for next time: use an oatmeal topping. I just made it a second time and its better! top with whipped cream & toasted pecans ."
"Can't get much easier....lovely!"
"This was amazing!"
"As the pumpkin custard was baking, my daughter walked in and said it was "so amazing" she wanted to take it to her boyfriend's house. I had to immediately make another custard, with heavy cream instead of half-and-half. I also used cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and allspice instead of pumpkin pie spice. It's all good!"
"it was easy to make, and I used heavy cream because that is what I had in the fridge. I took a lot longer to cook than 20 min. more like 40...maybe it was the cream. I recommend you try it! and I am only 14 and thought it was easy!"
"what is solid pack pumpkin"