Pumpkin-Curry Chicken Over Cashew Rice Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 teaspoons curry powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup apple butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews, toasted
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon curry powder and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Stir in the pumpkin, broth, raisins, apple butter, five-spice powder and remaining curry powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
- 4. Stir cashews into cooked rice and serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup chicken mixture with 1 cup rice equals 609 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer