A unique mix of pineapple and pumpkin creates moist cupcakes with mouthwatering flavor and texture. A fluffy frosting caps these tasty treats.—Mary E. Relyea, Canastota, New York
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat shortening until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (mixture will appear curdled). Beat in syrup and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, ginger and allspice; add to shortening mixture and beat just until moistened. Stir in pumpkin and pineapple.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 16 cupcakes.
Originally published as Pumpkin Cupcakes in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p43
Reviews for Pumpkin Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review