- 2/3 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat shortening until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (mixture will appear curdled). Beat in syrup and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, ginger and allspice; add to shortening mixture and beat just until moistened. Stir in pumpkin and pineapple.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 16 cupcakes.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cupcakes
Sort By :
"These cupcakes were terrible. They did not round up but, rather, actually sank. They had no taste and a weird texture. I never waste food, but these actually went in the garbage."
"My entire family enjoyed these cupcakes last holiday season when I first came upon this recipe. They are so moist and almost muffin like which was very delightful."
"Cooked them 24 minutes, toothpick came out clean... then the centers fell. They're mushy and tasteless. I followed the recipe, not sure what happened..."
"So fragrant and delcious!"
"I had high expectations for this recipe but was very disappointed. The cupcake was very bland. The cream cheese frosting was the saving grace. I would never make this recipe again."