- 8 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and 1/3 cup sugar. In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium heat until bubbles form around sides of pan. Remove from the heat; stir a small amount of hot cream into egg yolk mixture. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Stir in the pumpkin, vanilla and spices.
- Transfer to eight 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place ramekins in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- If using a creme brulee torch, sprinkle with remaining sugar. Heat sugar with the torch until caramelized. Serve immediately.
- If broiling the custards, place ramekins on a baking sheet; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Creme Brulee
Sort By :
I just made this and it is awesome! Based on the negative reviews I modified a few things. I doubled the amounts on all the spices ( ground nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice as substitute for cloves), increased canned pumpkin to 1 1/2 cups and sugar 2/3 cup. It tastes just like pumpkin pie filling now! I also doubled the vanilla extract
There are 2 reviews (3 now) and all are 1 star and yet the rating up by the picture & title shows 4 star rating! What's up with that?
I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out horrible. I'm going to try cooking it longer tomorrow but I'm not hopeful that it will help.
This recipe was awful unless you like bland paste. Don't waste 8 eggs and 3 cups heavy cream. A waste of time and money.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Custard >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Creme Brulee Recipes >
- Custard Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Pumpkin Desserts >