Pumpkin Cream Trifle Recipe
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3. Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. In a 3-qt. glass serving bowl or trifle bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, pudding mixture, pecans and toffee bits. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 15-20 servings.
3/4 cup: 333 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cream Trifle
"Outstanding! I wanted a Thanksgiving dessert that was a little different but still had a seasonal flavor, and this fits the bill perfectly. It's yummy, and not too heavy to serve after a big meal. I made it a day ahead of time for the sake of convenience, and I followed the recipe exactly, including toasting the pecans. I wouldn't change a thing ... except maybe to try some of the variations that Gayle suggests above."
"um.. YUM!! The flavors are delicious, I didn't even add the toffee bits. Makes a nice presentation in a trifle bowl and so easy."
"Just found this recipe and can't wait to try it. I am an absolute pumpkin fanatic and between the spice cake with pumpkin and cream cheese pudding, I'm pretty sure I'd be in Heaven with this one! Thanks for the recipe!"
"People were licking the bowl - REALLY licking the bowl."