Pumpkin Cream Trifle Recipe
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3. Cut cake into 1-in. cubes. In a 3-qt. glass serving bowl or trifle bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, pudding mixture, pecans and toffee bits. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 15-20 servings.
3/4 cup: 333 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cream Trifle
"Outstanding! I wanted a Thanksgiving dessert that was a little different but still had a seasonal flavor, and this fits the bill perfectly. It's yummy, and not too heavy to serve after a big meal. I made it a day ahead of time for the sake of convenience, and I followed the recipe exactly, including toasting the pecans. I wouldn't change a thing ... except maybe to try some of the variations that Gayle suggests above."
"um.. YUM!! The flavors are delicious, I didn't even add the toffee bits. Makes a nice presentation in a trifle bowl and so easy."
"Just found this recipe and can't wait to try it. I am an absolute pumpkin fanatic and between the spice cake with pumpkin and cream cheese pudding, I'm pretty sure I'd be in Heaven with this one! Thanks for the recipe!"
"This is a great dessert and a hit with both adults and kids at any party. It's very easy to put together, but looks and tastes fancy. Wonderful!"
"People were licking the bowl - REALLY licking the bowl."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.