Pumpkin Cream Cheese
This pumpkin dip is yummy with cinnamon-sugar cutouts I make from extra pie crust dough. It's good with gingersnaps and sugar cookies, too. —Kari Egger, Portland, Oregon
28 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 5 min./batch
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 5 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 sheets refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the
- confectioners' sugar, pumpkin, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and ginger; beat
- until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Roll out pie pastry on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-in.
- thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. autumn-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Reroll scraps if desired.
- Combine sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over cutouts.
- Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks.
- Serve with pumpkin dip. Yield: 3-1/2 cups (about 4-1/2 dozen
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons dip with 2 cutouts equals 207 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.