After spending an afternoon in the chilly October air at our town’s pumpkin rolling contest, my family, including my grandchildren, head over to my house for a fun pumpkin-themed meal including this luscious dessert. —Diane Selich, Vassar, Michigan
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1-2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread into pastry shell.
- In another small bowl, whisk filling ingredients until smooth. Pour over cream cheese layer. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie in Country Woman September/October 2004, p54
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review