- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1-2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread into pastry shell.
- In another small bowl, whisk filling ingredients until smooth. Pour over cream cheese layer. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
"This is really delicious, although quite rich. I love the added layer of cream cheese - it pulls everything together. I added an extra 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to the pumpkin mixture per another reviewer's suggestion. I did not have much filling leftover - I guess it just depends on the type of pie dish you use. Many thanks for this wonderful recipe :-)"
"I agree with other reviewers. This has a lot of left over filling. I increase the ingredients a tad and make 2 pies or just double it and make 3. Everyone loves the twist on this classic though."
"I added more of the spices like the other reviewers suggested, and even though I forgot to add the sugar to the pumpkin mixture (realized it hours later!), it was delicious. I will never make a regular pumpkin pie again. I would have liked about 1/4 inch more cream cheese layer and will add that (and some sugar!) the next time I make it. I had a cup of pumpkin mixture left over and found a recipe for pumpkin muffins. A good use for the mixture. We really love this pie!"
"I used the whole can of pumpkin and added 1/4 tsp cinnamon to the pumpkin mixture. I would suggest doubling the cream cheese mixture and dividing it between two 9 inch deep dish pie shells because you will have a lot of pumpkin mixture leftover. I ended up with one pie with the cream cheese mixture and one without. Both were good and I would make this again. I may add chopped pecans to the top of the cream cheese mixture next time."
"I thought this was very good and I would definitely make it again. It made 2 pies because there was pumpkin mixture left over from 1st pie. So, I would suggest doubling the cream cheese mixture and dividing it between two 9 inch deep dish pie shells. I added cinnamon to the pumpkin mixture (1/4 tsp). I may add chopped pecans on top of the cream cheese mixture next time."