Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
After spending an afternoon in the chilly October air at our town’s pumpkin rolling contest, my family, including my grandchildren, head over to my house for a fun pumpkin-themed meal including this luscious dessert. Diane Selich, Vassar, Michigan
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1-2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and
- vanilla until smooth. Spread into pastry shell.
- In another small bowl, whisk filling ingredients until smooth. Pour
- over cream cheese layer. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 509 calories, 37 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 157 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.