Everyone loves a pumpkin-flavored cheesecake, so we decided to make a cool and creamy ice-cream version. We're thrilled with the result. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 37 Awesome Ways to Love Pumpkin
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat 1-1/2 cups cream, cream cheese and 1/2 cup brown sugar until bubbles form around sides of pan. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, salt, spices and the remaining cream and brown sugar. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into the eggs. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly.
- Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Quickly strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl; place in ice water and stir for 2 minutes. Whisk in pumpkin and vanilla. Continue to whisk until completely cooled.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions. When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: about 1 quart.
Originally published as Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Ice Cream in Ultimate Halloween 2014 2014, p98
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review