Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in oats and pecans. Reserve 1 cup for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, spices and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour over warm crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve or refrigerate, covered, within 2 hours. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars(19)
Sort By :
Blah! That is all I have to say.....never making again!
Made these for a church potluck and they were gone in like 5 minutes. I was asked to share the recipe.I have made traditional pumpkin bars for years for my family and now these are their favorite.
I didn't have cardamom on hand but made these anyway, was disappointed, not much flavor, half the pan went to waste, maybe cardamom would have made a big difference.
These were very good and I liked the change of using a little cardamom. Cardamom is a very expensive spice but it gives just the right flavor to these wonderful tasting bars.
I've made these bars a couple of times, slightly tweaking the recipe each time, just because I can't help myself. As is it's fantastic, but I've also used mashed sweet potatoes and they're equally delicious. I've also eliminated the spices and used orange zest for a "cleaner" flavor and everyone loved that, too. Lots of options and they all taste great.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Pumpkin Bar Recipes >
- Pumpkin Bars >
- Pumpkin Desserts >
- Pumpkin Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Finger Foods >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Sodium Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Nut Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potluck Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Pumpkin Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Sweet Finger Food Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dessert Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Desserts >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >