This pumpkin dip is yummy with cinnamon-sugar cutouts I make from extra pie crust dough. It's good with gingersnaps and sugar cookies, too. —Kari Egger, Portland, Oregon
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 5 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 sheets refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, pumpkin, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and ginger; beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Roll out pie pastry on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. autumn-shaped cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Reroll scraps if desired. Combine sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over cutouts.
- Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks. Serve with pumpkin dip. Yield: 3-1/2 cups (about 4-1/2 dozen cutouts).
Originally published as Pumpkin Pie Dip in Country Woman October/November 2008, p21
Reviews for Pumpkin Cream Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review