This pumpkin dip is yummy with cinnamon-sugar cutouts I make from extra pie crust dough. It's good with gingersnaps and sugar cookies, too. —Kari Egger, Portland, Oregon
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 5 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 sheets refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, pumpkin, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and ginger; beat until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Roll out pie pastry on a lightly floured surface to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. autumn-shaped cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Reroll scraps if desired. Combine sugar and remaining cinnamon; sprinkle over cutouts.
- Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks. Serve with pumpkin dip. Yield: 3-1/2 cups (about 4-1/2 dozen cutouts).
Originally published as Pumpkin Pie Dip in Country Woman October/November 2008, p21
Reviews for Pumpkin Cream Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2009
"I made this for my Women's Fellowship group. Everyone loved it! It was a big hit and several people e-mailed the next day for the recipe. I have made it several times since. It now is a Fall classic for company."