Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and orange peel (mixture will appear curdled). Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder; add to pumpkin mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and cranberries.
- 2. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 173 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread
"I loved the bread. It tasted great."
"very dry and lacking in flavor. I will not make it again."