Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread Recipe
This bread has a terrific combination of flavors that's perfect for the holidays. I like to make and freeze loaves to share with friends and neighbors.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and orange peel (mixture will appear curdled). Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and baking powder; add to pumpkin mixture just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and cranberries.
- Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread in Best of Country Breads 2000, p31
Reviews for Pumpkin Cranberry Nut Bread(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review