Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins Recipe
Spicy pumpkin perks up these muffins, and cranberries lend a sweet-and-sour tang. Made with wholesome whole wheat, they're great to bring to a brunch. —Lynne Parrish, Phoenix, Arizona
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, yogurt and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 188 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC