- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2
- minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda,
- ginger, cloves and nutmeg. Combine pumpkin and buttermilk. Add flour
- mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture,
- beating well after each addition. Stir in cranberries. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut
- with a floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter. Reroll scraps.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- doughnuts, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Drain
- on paper towels. In a shallow bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon,
- ginger, cloves and nutmeg; roll warm doughnuts in mixture. Yield:
- 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 doughnut equals 217 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.