- 1 loaf (1 pound) brioche, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Maple syrup
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cranberries and walnuts. Whisk together next 11 ingredients until blended; pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until puffed, golden and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with syrup. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin-Cranberry Breakfast Bake in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Pumpkin-Cranberry Breakfast Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review