Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Pudding Recipe
Savor your favorite fall flavors with this scrumptious bread pudding, served warm with a sweet vanilla sauce. Yum! —Judith Bucciarelli, Johnson, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours YIELD:8 servings
- 8 slices cinnamon bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Place bread in a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir in cranberries. Pour over bread cubes. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 2. For sauce, in a large saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved and mixture turns a golden amber color, about 20 minutes. Gradually stir in cream until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm with bread pudding. Yield: 8 servings (1-1/3 cups sauce).
1 serving with 8 teaspoons sauce equals 469 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 166 mg cholesterol, 236 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC