- 8 slices cinnamon bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Place bread in a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir in cranberries. Pour over bread cubes. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- For sauce, in a large saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved and mixture turns a golden amber color, about 20 minutes. Gradually stir in cream until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm with bread pudding. Yield: 8 servings (1-1/3 cups sauce).
Reviews for Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Pudding
Sort By :
"I could eat ANYTHING pumpkin & be happy. This was so easy to make."
"Oh wow! This was amazing! I made homemade bread (I didn't have cinnamon bread) and added one tsp cinnamon and a dash of vanilla. I have been craving a caramel pecan sauce, so I made that for the sauce. It was SO good! Thanks for sharing - this will definitely be one I will make over and over!"
"oops ... cooked almost 4 hours and was using cornwaring casserole dishes. Probably could have cooked at higher temp but did not want to burn! Keeps extremely well in refrig too..."
"Make-over ... I doubled the receipe and baked in a 9x13 casserole (made 2 for meals-on-wheels) baked at 325 for 2-1/2 hours.Since I could not find plain cinnamon bread I used Roman Meal and increased cinnamon to 1 tablespoon. Did not want any left-over pumpkin so used the entire 29oz can. Since I decided not to make sauce and had the half & half used 1 cup milk and 1 cup half & half.Used part dried cranberries and part fresh in one; and used all fresh in the other -- the all fresh was much better. If I used dry again I would definitely hydrate them before using.Will definitely use this again since it was well received -- even a couple of volumteers helping took some of the leftovers!!! Thanks for sharing & I will definitely try in the slow cooker when I don't need to serve 41 folks!"
"Very nice warming dessert. I left the cranberries out cuz I don't really care for them. Also I think it needs a bit more of a crunch so I think next time I'll add nuts."