Pumpkin Corn Soup
Melissa Every of Tallmadge, Ohio writes, “My family loves this soup. It's great on cold winter nights with all the spices and color. It's definitely not your normal pumpkin soup!” Melissa loves to garnish this with fresh cilantro.
7 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and red pepper in butter until
- almost tender. Add the corn, jalapeno, garlic and chili powder;
- saute 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in the broth, pumpkin, salt and cayenne until blended. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in lime
- juice. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 120 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 714 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber,