Pumpkin Corn Soup Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and red pepper in butter until almost tender. Add the corn, jalapeno, garlic and chili powder; saute 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in the broth, pumpkin, salt and cayenne until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in lime juice. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Pumpkin Corn Soup
Sort By :
This soup wasn't our favorite. I think we would have enjoyed it with a bit more flavor instead of just spice from the peppers. Perhaps I'll try it again with bacon, like another reviewer suggested!
I was very surprised how creamy the pumpkin makes this soup. It reminded me of a chili so..... I rinsed a can of kidney beans and added it, along with a "handful" of bacon bits...Oh my, I highly recommand this soup.
I made this soup for dinner Halloween night. It was a huge hit. In fact I'm making it again tonight for a family get together. I omitted the cayenne pepper and the jalapeno pepper only for the fact that I didn't want it too spicy for my grandchildren. Even with those left out, it turned out excellent!
I thought it could have used a little less onion.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pumpkin Recipes >
- Pumpkin Soup >