This has become a regular fall item at our house. It has a subtle pumpkin flavor with hints of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. While it's sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth, yet pairs well with a soup or stew.—
Featured In: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin Corn Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p48
Reviews for Pumpkin Corn Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review