- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, pumpkin and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, bring brown sugar and butter to a boil. Cook and stir over medium heat 1 minute. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; beat in milk. Gradually beat in enough confectioners' sugar to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cookies. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cookies with Penuche Frosting
Sort By :
"These are delicious and so easy to make. They freeze well too."
"YUMMY. Good with or without the icing"
"I make this recipe about 12 times from October through December each year, and if I missed bringing them for our church's Reformation potluck everyone would be disappointed. This has become my signature cookie because of it's uniqueness and popularity. I don't add the pecans but the penuche frosting is a must and is what really sets this recipe apart from other pumpkin cookie recipes. It seems like it's a hassle, but it comes together really well and is TOTALLY worth it."
"Fantastic cookie. Very moist. I did not use the frosting but instead used a simple icing. I also added chocolate chips to a dozen. My family loves them."
"very good moist cookies. my family loved them. did not put on the frosting and left out the pecan out. they are the best pumpkin cookies !"