Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- PENUCHE FROSTING:
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1-3/4 to 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg. Add pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, bring brown sugar and butter to a boil. Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; beat in milk. Beat in enough confectioners' sugar to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cookies. Yield: About 5 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cookies(5)
Sort By :
These are delicious and so easy to make. They freeze well too.
YUMMY. Good with or without the icing
I make this recipe about 12 times from October through December each year, and if I missed bringing them for our church's Reformation potluck everyone would be disappointed. This has become my signature cookie because of it's uniqueness and popularity. I don't add the pecans but the penuche frosting is a must and is what really sets this recipe apart from other pumpkin cookie recipes. It seems like it's a hassle, but it comes together really well and is TOTALLY worth it.
Fantastic cookie. Very moist. I did not use the frosting but instead used a simple icing. I also added chocolate chips to a dozen. My family loves them.
very good moist cookies. my family loved them. did not put on the frosting and left out the pecan out. they are the best pumpkin cookies !