Pumpkin Cookie Pops Recipe
These cookie pops are a great way to liven up a Halloween party. Kids love them! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1 hour Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling YIELD:30 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 30 Popsicle sticks
- 1/3 cup green gumdrops, quartered lengthwise
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Orange, black, purple, green and red paste or gel food coloring
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in pumpkin. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be soft).
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Insert Popsicle sticks into dough. Insert a gumdrop piece into the top of each for the pumpkin stem.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until set and lightly browned around the edges. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 4. For icing, in a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and water until smooth. Remove 1/2 cup to another bowl; cover and set aside. Stir orange food coloring into remaining icing. Spread or pipe over cookies. Let stand for 30 minutes or until icing is set and dry.
- 5. Tint reserved icing with colors of your choice; use colored icing to create jack-o'-lantern faces. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC