- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 30 Popsicle sticks
- 1/3 cup green gumdrops, quartered lengthwise
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Orange, black, purple, green and red paste or gel food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in pumpkin. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well (dough will be soft).
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Insert Popsicle sticks into dough. Insert a gumdrop piece into the top of each for the pumpkin stem.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until set and lightly browned around the edges. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For icing, in a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and water until smooth. Remove 1/2 cup to another bowl; cover and set aside. Stir orange food coloring into remaining icing. Spread or pipe over cookies. Let stand for 30 minutes or until icing is set and dry.
- Tint reserved icing with colors of your choice; use colored icing to create jack-o'-lantern faces. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cookie Pops(4)
Sort By :
It was not clear where to place the popsicle sticks and as it was my first time I placed them on top and the fell as the cookie melted. Cookie itself tasted wonderful and my friends loved them.
I made this recipe twice and it's super easy!I actually was just looking for a simple pumpkin recipe cookie so I didn't bother with the popsicle sticks, icing, and gumdrops.
The cookie itself turned out very fluffy. Another reviewer called it cake-like and that's about right. I added 1/2 tsp of nutmeg to it and iced it with a cream cheese frosting. It was perfect. Not too sweet, not too much pumpkin flavor. I really liked it. So did my husband.
These were the best! Easy to make, the kids loved decorating them and they tasted so yummy that all the moms demanded the recipe! Made them again the next day to give to a friend!
They turned out okay. They tasted like they were missing something..Barely tasted the Pumpkin, so next time I am going to ad pumpkin spice to see how that works. They were also cake like.