- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, 1/4 cup sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat water, milk and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Beat in egg. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add the pumpkin, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg. Punch dough down; turn onto a floured surface. Roll into a 20-in. x 10-in. rectangle; spread pumpkin mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with nuts and raisins. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch ends together to form a ring. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Brush dough with egg yolk. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. For glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm ring. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 1 ring.
Originally published as Pumpkin Coffee Ring in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p14
Reviews for Pumpkin Coffee Ring
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review