Pumpkin Cloverleaf Rolls Recipe
I came up with this recipe when I was looking for something festive to take to a fall covered-dish dinner. These rolls were a big hit.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 10 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4-1/4 to 4-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1 teaspoon brown sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the milk, pumpkin, butter, orange peel, salt, remaining sugar and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- 4. Divide into six portions. Divide each into 12 pieces. Shape each into a ball; place three balls in each greased muffin cup. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Brush rolls with egg. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 125 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC