- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 10 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4-1/4 to 4-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1 teaspoon brown sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the milk, pumpkin, butter, orange peel, salt, remaining sugar and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Divide into six portions. Divide each into 12 pieces. Shape each into a ball; place three balls in each greased muffin cup. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush rolls with egg. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin Cloverleaf Rolls in Best of Country Breads 2000, p60
Reviews for Pumpkin Cloverleaf Rolls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review