- oil, maple flavoring and vanilla until well blended. Combine the
- flours, flaxseed, orange peel, baking powder, cornstarch, poppy
- seeds, pie spice, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into pumpkin
- mixture until blended.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at
- 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar, orange peel and
- enough juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake.
- Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 301 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.