Pumpkin-Citrus Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, milk, eggs, orange juice, oil, maple flavoring and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flours, flaxseed, orange peel, baking powder, cornstarch, poppy seeds, pie spice, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended.
- 2. Transfer to a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk the confectioners' sugar, orange peel and enough juice to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 14 servings.
1 slice: 301 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Citrus Bundt Cake
"So good and healthy too! It was gone in one day."
"was interested until I got to the flaxseed/ didn't want to buy just to use for this recipe/ could it be replaced with something else?"
"There is a lot of interesting flavours and textures plus makes a moist cake."
"prep time was more than 20 min. the batter seemed too thin. the cake did not rise,therefore was very heavy! not good very disappointed!!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.