- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup solid-pack pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CARAMEL FROSTING:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour and yeast; set aside. In a saucepan, heat and stir pumpkin, milk, sugar, 2 tablespoons butter and salt until warm (120°-130°) and butter is almost melted. Add to flour/yeast mixture along with egg. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough. Knead on a lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Roll into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush on dough. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll dough, jelly roll style, starting with the longer side. Cut into 12 slices, 1 in. each. Place rolls, cut side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, melt butter in a saucepan; stir in brown sugar and milk. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Stir in vanilla, salt and 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar; beat until well blended. Add more sugar, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over rolls. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Sort By :
"These are divine. The pumpkin gives them a pretty color. Like other reviewers, I doubled the pumpkin. I used the dough setting on my bread maker, adding the wet ingredients first as my machine likes. I added the last half cup of flour as the dough mixed."
"Very yummy and moist - thanks for sharing!"
"Made according to the recipe, these were good. When I brushed the rolls with a butter/sugar mixture, and then added some homemade cream cheese icing instead of the caramel frosting, they were amazing"
"These cinnamon rolls are pretty, tasty and absolutely wonderful! Although it doesn't have a pumpkin taste, it is still tasty. My siblings are asking me to make them again!"
"I made these and my 6 year old could not get enough of them and friends loved them. The only thing I did different was due to every one saying they did not taste like pumpkin I put cream cheese frosting with pumpkin pie spice in it. They tasted great and my husband said it tasted like pumpkin pie. I used the recipe from http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Pumpkin-Spice-Cupcakes-with-Cream-Cheese-Frosting in stead of cinnamon I used the pumpkin pie spice. Loved it!"