- 3 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked chorizo chicken sausage links or other spicy chicken sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage 4-6 minutes or until browned. Stir in half-and-half, pumpkin, cheese blend, garlic powder and pepper flakes; heat through.
- Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Chorizo Bow Ties
"Made this last night. The chorizo I used was a little too spicy, so I'll have to tone it down some next time. Agree with another reviewer that the sauce needed to be thinned down. My daughter who loves hot foods loved this recipe."
"Made this the other night. quick, easy and oh so good. I used fresh spicy sausage and took it out of the casing to cook. Had to thin it out a bit with more half and half because sauce was to thick. Will definitely make this again. A keeper."