- 3 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked chorizo chicken sausage links or other spicy chicken sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage 4-6 minutes or until browned. Stir in half-and-half, pumpkin, cheese blend, garlic powder and pepper flakes; heat through.
- Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Chorizo Bow Ties
Sort By :
"Made this the other night. Quick, easy and oh so good. I used fresh spicy sausage and took it out of the casing to cook. Had to thin it out a bit with more half and half because sauce was to thick. Will definitely make this again. A keeper."