- 3 cups uncooked multigrain bow tie pasta
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked chorizo chicken sausage or other spicy chicken sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage 4-6 minutes or until browned. Stir in half-and-half, pumpkin, cheese blend, garlic powder and pepper flakes; heat through.
- Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pumpkin-Chorizo Bow Ties in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pumpkin-Chorizo Bow Ties
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review