Chocolate, maple and pumpkin—yum! At a party, my friends cut their whoopie pies in half thinking that's all they'd eat. Once they had a taste, they gobbled up the rest. —Diane Selich, Vassar, Michigan
Featured In: 37 Awesome Ways to Love Pumpkin
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and oil until blended. Beat in eggs, then pumpkin. In another bowl, whisk flour, pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture.
- Drop by two tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and melted chocolate until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in chocolate chips. Spread on bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Refrigerate in airtight containers. Yield: about 2 dozen
Originally published as Pumpkin-Chocolate Whoopie Cookies in Cookies & Candies Bookazine 2016
Reviews for Pumpkin-Chocolate Whoopie Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review