Pumpkin Chocolate Loaf Recipe
- 3-3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil, chocolate and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- Transfer to three greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Wrap and freeze for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chocolate Loaf(8)
Sort By :
My family loves this recipe it makes such a wonderful smell in the house while baking. One year I made mini loaves and gave them as gifts for our siblings.
I made these loaves for Thanksgiving, and they were such a hit that several of my guests were already reserving slices to take home for later. I added walnuts and served some plain and some with a buttermilk glaze on top, and they were all devoured. They were so thoroughly enjoyed that I've already been given "hints" on what I should give as Christmas gifts this year! I will definitely be making these many more times.
My husband and (picky) kids loved this. You can taste both the chocolate and the pumpkin but neither taste overpowers the other. Next time I'm going to try adding walnuts in place of the chocolate chips to see if it's just as delicious that way.
I make these loaves and give them out and freeze some so I have plenty. They make a great snack.
Excellent! The whole house smells wonderful when this is baking and we can hardly wait for it to cool enough to slice. Tons of flavor. Thanks!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Pumpkin Bread Recipes >
- Pumpkin Desserts >
- Pumpkin Loaf >