Pumpkin Chocolate Loaf Recipe
"These moist chocolate loaves, with a hint of pumpkin and spice, have been a favorite for years," writes Kathy Gardner of Rockville, Maryland. "They can be sliced to serve as snacks or dessert."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling + freezing YIELD:48 servings
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil, chocolate and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- 2. Transfer to three greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Wrap and freeze for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 190 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC