- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/4 cups canola oil
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. In another large bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, oil, chocolate and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chips.
- Transfer to three greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Wrap and freeze for up to 6 months. Yield: 3 loaves.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chocolate Loaf
Sort By :
"I just made these loaves this afternoon and they are absolutely delicious. They are easy to prepare but you do need a large bowl to mix it in. My husband has already eaten two big pieces but I love having two more loaves to pop in the freezer for later. I will be making this recipe again and again. Definitely a five star recipe."
"My family loves this recipe it makes such a wonderful smell in the house while baking. One year I made mini loaves and gave them as gifts for our siblings."
"I made these loaves for Thanksgiving, and they were such a hit that several of my guests were already reserving slices to take home for later. I added walnuts and served some plain and some with a buttermilk glaze on top, and they were all devoured. They were so thoroughly enjoyed that I've already been given "hints" on what I should give as Christmas gifts this year! I will definitely be making these many more times."
"My husband and (picky) kids loved this. You can taste both the chocolate and the pumpkin but neither taste overpowers the other. Next time I'm going to try adding walnuts in place of the chocolate chips to see if it's just as delicious that way."
"I make these loaves and give them out and freeze some so I have plenty. They make a great snack."