Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, combine egg, egg substitute, pumpkin, applesauce and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill two-thirds full with batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Sort By :
I think the oven temp is too high. The outside of mine burnt after only having them in for the minimum of 18 minutes. And the flavor was just "eh", nothing special or anything.
I love this recipe. I use all whole wheat flour! One of my favorites to make:)
I love this recipe. The kids don't even realize it's healthy! I cut back on the chips and make mini muffins. Sometimes I am bummed that I don't have all the ingredients for these on hand though (usually it's the applesauce). A definite keeper!