- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sort By :
"I prepared this recipe for the first time. I did make some adjustments: I used 3/4 cup canned pumpkin and for spices, I used 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ground ginger, 1/4 tsp. each ground cloves and ground nutmeg. I used 1 tsp. salt. I'd added dry ingredients, then I added the pumpkin and blended 5 minutes on medium speed. I also just used 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, and a mixture of Reese's Pieces, Peanut Butter M & M's and Springtime baking chips to make 1/2 cup. I dropped by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets and baked 10 minutes. This way, I found the cookies still browned, but didn't get overly dark. If using a baking sheet with a non-stick surface, I baked just 9 minutes on the greased baking sheet. Rather than use 1 cup butter, I'd used 1 cup butter-flavored shortening. I sampled 1 cookie and it was very good! I got 6 dozen 2 = a total of 74 cookies! Thank you for this recipe! delowenstein"
"LOVE these! As a matter of fact, one of my son's football buddies as me to make him a whole batch just for himself! Can I freeze these for a few days before I deliver to my son's buddy or will they be mushy upon thawing out? Thank you!"
"easy and delicious, fluffy, "cakier" cookie, will make again and have added to my recipe box"
"Loved the pumpkin with the chocolate"
"I will definitely make these again. My family loved them!"